Residential Waterproofing Company in Ottawa, ON
Do you find yourself struggling with flooding in the lower levels of your property every time a heavy rain storm rolls through? The solution can be found at our Ottawa, ON, residential waterproofing company. At City Residential Foundation Repair, we provide waterproofing services that can help you keep any space dry no matter how much rain may fall.
When excess water invades your property it brings a number of problems with it. First and foremost is the damage it can cause to your flooring, furniture, and special items in storage. The damage can turn into a long-term issue if mold is allowed to grow. Sometimes it can form underneath the floor or behind walls, where only a trained eye will find it. That's why it's best to call in the professionals before things go wrong.
We are fully licensed and insured, will arrive at your property to perform an evaluation of your needs, provide a written estimate, and provide reliable waterproofing solutions and treatments that will keep you dry and safe for years to come. You'll save plenty of money in the long run, and it won't even cost you much upfront, because we offer free estimates and affordable rates.
We always get a tight seal and specialize in the following services:
- Basement Waterproofing - Waterproofing will strengthen the structural integrity of your home’s foundation by alleviating the hydrostatic pressure created by the earth surrounding your basement walls. At City Residential Foundation Repair, we specialize in waterproofing basements by installing system Platon, sealing with termination and seal also install a new exterior drainage system designed to correct foundation leaks and prevent wet basements.Then backfill with grandular and reinstate any greenscaping.
First, we excavate the soil surrounding the walls that require treatment to expose the footings. If foundation cracks are found, they are repaired with KING hydraulic quick dry cement. We then wrap your foundation with a platon membrane, made from environmentally friendly, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and seal it with a urethane calking. Lastly, the walls are backfill with granular ¾” clear stone – a material that doesn’t hold frost.
- Weeping Tile Replacement - A weeping tile is a porous pipe used for underground drainage. The pipe is typically plastic with small slits cut lengthwise into it, which allow for the collection of excess water from the ground. Rocks are placed around the weeping tiles to prevent the pipes from getting clogged with dirt. The purpose of the weeping tile is to allow excess moisture to seep through the gravel, be collected by the pipes, and then drained away from your home’s foundation.
Many older homes have weeping tiles made of clay. After decades, these weeping tiles can become blocked, which can potentially cause basement flooding. If this occurs, the only solution is to have your weeping tiles replaced with new perforated plastic drainage piping. This required digging down to the footing of the house to remove the old tiles and have new ones installed and install platon waterproofing systems on the exterior walls and seal with termination and caulking.
- Foundation Crack(s) - Foundation cracks are often caused by changes in the moisture content of the soil around your basement. Foundation damages can be a nightmare if they are not addressed and corrected by a professional!
The experts at City Residential Foundation Repair will ensure the concrete cracks in your foundation are corrected by digging down approximately 8 ft. to the footings at the site of the crack, chipping away the damaged foundation, and then patching it. Then we install a platon system and then backfill with grandular.
- Perimeter excavation(entire house) - Flooded basements, mold, mildew, and dampness are all signs of foundation problems. Unfortunately, finished basements can hide the damage until it becomes extensive. In cased such as this, a larger linear dig may be required.
By excavating all the soil surrounding your basement walls (up to 8 ft. deep) the experts at City Residential Foundation Repair will identify the exact foundation problem and provide you with options.
- Parging (concrete surface refinement) - Parging is the process of applying a thin coat of mortar over concrete to evenly refine the surface your home’s exterior walls. The purpose of parging is to create a contiguous surface by filling any air holes and smoothing out any roughness. Not only does parging improve the appearance of your home, it also helps protect the wall from rain and snow.
Keep in mind that parging a wall yourself is not the solution for foundation cracks. Cracks in foundations can be serious; therefore, they need to be addresses by an expert to ensure that they are not the cause of serious structural damage.
City Residential Foundation Repair has the experience to identify and repair foundations cracks to protect your home from further foundations issues and flooded basements. Once the cracks are repaired, the surface will be parged to protect your home and make the exterior aesthetically appealing.
- Window Wells - Window wells are installed to prevent moisture from seeping into your home through the basement windows, which are typically at or below ground level. Essentially, a window well is a barrier that separates the basement windows of your home from the earth up against the foundation.
At City Residential Foundation Repair, we specialize in installing and repairing window wells with a proper drainage system, to ensure that you avoid a wet basement.
First we will dig down to the footing to locate the weeping tile and make sure that it is in proper working order, install a platon system, seal with termination, backfill with grandular, and finally reattache the window well to your foundation wall. Once the window well is in place, the window well is covered with granular ¾” clear stone, followed by a geosynthetic filter cloth and then soil. This process will ensure that your window well drains properly so that your basement stays dry.
- Sump Pump Installation and Repair - A sump pump is an electric pump placed in the basement of a home, to pump water that gathers around the foundation of your home back outside. Sump pumps typically work in combination with a sump basin or pit. This is a hole dug into the basement floor, which allows water to collect in it. The pump then pumps the water out of the sump basin to avoid a wet basement.
Sump pump installations are used in many different cases including:
-when a home’s basement is below the water level or sewer line
-when flooding is common due to weather conditions or proximity to
bodies of water
Like any piece of equipment, regular servicing of your sump pump is necessary to ensure that it is running properly. If you think your home could benefit from a sump pump or if you have one that is in need of maintenance or repair, contact City Residential Foundation Repair today!
- Concrete Repairs - Poured concrete walls and concrete block walls are both susceptible to cracks. Weather conditions, drying shrinkage, and construction errors may all lead to cracked foundations.
Choosing an experienced company such as City Residential Foundation Repair for your foundation crack repairs is essential to ensure that the job is done right! By excavating the soil surrounding the walls, to expose the footings, we will identify all foundation cracks and repair them using quick dry cement. We will then wrap your foundation with a platon membrane, made from environmentally friendly, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and seal it with a urethane caulking. Finally, we will backfill the ground with granular ¾” clear stone – a frost-free material.
For effective solutions to your flooding problems, contact our Ottawa, ON, residential basement waterproofing company today. City Residential Foundation Repair offers customized treatments that will protect your home from water damage. If you need fast response, we can help. We offer same-day appointments and our contractors are always prepared. Call today and save yourself the hassle and expense of flooding.